To all of our valued patients
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
You may have heard that dental practices can open to routine care from Monday 8th June.
Our practice will be opening on that day but we just wanted to be clear that this will not be business as usual. The treatments you are offered may be different to those you received before, depending on staff and equipment available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Please be patient.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery. Our infection control processes including a state of the art decontamination suite are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
To continue to ensure your safety there are certain steps and protocols we have decided to take for you. These include; the correct personal protective equipment (PPE)- we are only willing to purchase UK accredited products of which there is a nationwide shortage. We will also be reducing the number of patients in the practice at any one time to comply with social distancing measures.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies. We are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We will be prioritising patients with urgent care needs initially
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- Your temperature will be checked with a non-contact thermometer when you arrive at the practice- if your temperature is above 37.5 degrees, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice.
- You will be asked to place all of your belongings in a box at reception.
- We no longer offer magazines, information leaflets and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- Please only bring essential belongings with you to an appointment.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card where possible
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
My team and I have found the last 10 weeks incredibly frustrating and at times upsetting when we could not help our patients. This at least is a start to allow us to plan a route to return to normal service but please be aware this will take time. We are, as always, available for telephone advice on 01865 761965 in or out of practice hours.
We would like to thank you, our loyal patients for your trust in our care. For instant news notifications and advice please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages
Denis Duggan and the Team at Kennett Road Dental Practice
A warm welcome to Kennett Road Dental Practice
Thank you for visiting our website. If you require any more information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Established as a dental practice in 1972. We are a family focused practice. Many of our patients have been with the practice for over 30 years and we care for several generations of many families.
Our dentists and staff like to get to know our patients personally to provide the highest level of care and achieve a beautiful healthy smile using the latest most modern techniques.
*BUILDING WORKS NOW COMPLETED - Visit our Facebook page to see photos of the new building work click here*
For more news and updates...
Interest Free Finance Available
The Clear Alternative to Braces